Friday, June 16, 2006

 

Useful function for people who keep losing their phones

Temporarily misplacing your mobile is a problem I'm sure we all encounter from time to time but, luckily, you can easily locate it by ringing from another phone and following the sound of the ringtone. The problem is when your phone is sent to silent or vibrate, which mine often is. Then even ringing it is no use.

Kyocera have come up with a solution to this problem with their W42K handset soon to be released on the au network in Japan. The phone has a function which allows the owner to cancel silent mode from another preregistered number. When this function is used, the phone's ringtone volume is set to its highest so when called the phone is easy to locate. I think the next time I find myself searching the house from top to bottom for my missing handset, I'll wish my phone had this function too!


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?